going home...
- Friday, July 3, 2009 -
They say there's a place
where dreams have all gone
They never said where
but I think I know
It's miles through the night
just over the dawn
on the road that will take me home.
I know in my bones
I've been here before
The ground feels the same
though the land's been torn
I've a long way to go
The stars tell me so
on this road that will take me home
Love waits for me 'round the bend
Leads me endlessly on
Surely sorrows shall find their end
and all our troubles will be gone
And I'll know what I've lost
and all that I've won
when the road finally takes me home
And when I pass by
don't lead me astray
Don't try to stop me
Don't stand in my way
I'm bound for the hills
where cool waters flow
on this road that will take me home
Love waits for me 'round the bend
Leads me endlessly on
Surely sorrows shall find their end
and all our troubles will be gone
And we'll know what we've lost
and all that we've won
when the road finally takes me home
I'm going home
I'm going home
I'm going home
and that's all i can say...
-------------------------
would it be wrong to presume that swine flu is really taking its toll?
although the government is making a big no-deal over it (meaning, they're trying to promote the mentality that swine flu is no big deal, at all) it is quite disconcerting when bro comes home from school today and (happily? =D) announces:
TODAY I WAS THE ONLY BOY IN MY CLASS! 16 ppl were absent!
sick. that's more than half.
i mean, yes, only 6 ppl have died so far. but seriously... it seems quite slack to just go, "Through studies we have discovered H1N1 isn't as virulent as initially predicted and therefore we have removed all quarantine measures as they are unnecessary ie life can go on as normal"
reading b/w the lines: it's NO BIG DEAL and heck it would waste wayyyyy too much money to attempt to track and quarantine everyone and we just can't be bothered and who cares if half the nation has nasty bouts of flu as long as not TOO many ppl die. i mean, we're already billions of dollars in debt and it's just not worth it to attempt to contain this virus that is spreading out of control (due to our previous incompetence, but oh well, everyone makes mistakes.)
while in comparison singapore is on high alert. ah well. and at ruse, because everyone is too nerdy to stay at home, there's not a minute of silence. constant coughing, sneezing, sniffling... you name it. gosh, karen came to school running a fever. i really don't get it. oh well.
maybe it's the time of the night. being more sarcastic/melodramatic than usual. should go get some sleep...
-------------------------
WHY ON EARTH IS KNITTING/CROCHETING SO VERY ADDICTIVE? ARGHH. need to do work need to do work need to do work need to work. but yes I SHALL GO TO SLEEP AND NOT CROCHET THROUGH THE NIGHT T_T
< 11:01:00 PM >
Reading List 2011