Wicked Wednesday
- Wednesday, December 9, 2009 -
absolutely speechless, except perhaps: I WANT TO WATCH IT AGAIN. and AGAIN. and AGAIN. and AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN!
and seriously, EVERYONE should watch it.
it made me cry, laugh, nearly fall off my seat because i was leaning forward so much, hold my breath and forget to breathe, high and so so so exhilarated, and it transported me to another universe, really. it was only after the cast came back on stage to bow that i was like, "oh. right. they're real people. this is just a story. *depressed*"
i'll never ever forget this musical. it's one of those creations that are so universally appealing, with something everyone can relate to. and oh now EVERYTHING in the wizard of oz makes sense now. like hmm, why there was even a cyclone in the first place, and where tinman, scarecrow and the cowardly lion came from, hahahaha ^^
and you know, i've always really really liked the songs from "Wicked". but put into context, and sung so emotionally and beautifully and breath-takingly, it just puts the lyrics into a whole new light and it takes on a whole new meaning and kind of just transcends being... just a song. quite hard to explain the feeling but it's just... hanging on to every single note sung which somehow reaches right to the soul and creates a devastating change to one's feelings. ok that doesn't make any sense at all, but then again, i'm sleep deprived, hahahahahaha
while defying gravity and for good are usually the most well known of the songs from wicked.. hmm well.
i LOVED no good deed because it was sung SO brilliantly and it was soo convincing, and hey, everyone likes a bit of cynicism XD
what is this feeling was absolutely hilarious. it starts off as a love song, going "What is this feeling,
So sudden and new? I felt the moment I laid eyes on you; My pulse is rushing; My head is reeling; My face is flushing; What is this feeling? Fervid as a flame, Does it have a name? Yes! Loathing, Unadulterated loathing" =D
and really, popular was SUCH a ball XD
"Whenever I see someone less fortunate than I,
And let's face it, who isn't less fortunate than I?"
and
"You'll be popular!
Just not quite as popular as ME!"
LOL.
talk about conceited, hahahahaha
but yes, for good made me cry, and so did "I'm Not That Girl"...
Hands touch, eyes meet
Sudden silence, sudden heat
Hearts leap in a giddy whirl
He could be that boy
But I'm not that girl
Don't dream too far
Don't lose sight of who you are
Don't remember that rush of joy
He could be that boy
I'm not that girl
Ev'ry so often we long to steal
To the land of what-might-have-been
But that doesn't soften the ache we feel
When reality sets back in
Blithe smile, lithe limb
She who's winsome, she wins him
Gold hair with a gentle curl
That's the girl he chose
And Heaven knows
I'm not that girl
Don't wish, don't start
Wishing only wounds the heart
I wasn't born for the rose and the pearl
There's a girl I know
He loves her so
I'm not that girl
so so sad T_T
ah well, thank God for giving me this AWESOME day ^^ the small things that make life exciting and worth living =]
< 7:48:00 PM >
Reading List 2011