a child at heart
the one and only Elaine Ning Luo =D
23rd June 1992
Christian - striving to live life for God!
crazy, stubborn, weird
learning to find joy in every moment
music colours my life
the looking glass
a JOYFUL living sacrifice to magnify and glorify God
read, pray, praise :)
live life to according to His will!
inspiration
Reading List
1. The Chronicles of Narnia
2. Wicked
3. Eat, Pray, Love
4. Desiring God
5. Future Grace
6. Sermons of Jonathan Edwards
7. The Screwtape Letters
8. Mere Christianity
9. The Great Divorce
10. The Problem of Pain
11. The Naked Gospel
12. One Foot Wrong
13. Inside Out
14. Running With Scissors
15. Amandine
16. Mockingjay
17. The Cure for Modern Life
18. Little Book of Days
19. Finnikin of the Rock
20. Nothing in My Hand I Bring
21. White Tiger
. Red Phoenix
23. Blue Dragon
24. Earth to Hel
25. Hell to Heaven
26. Heaven to Wudang
27. A Step From Heaven
28. The Last Summer (of You and Me)
29. The Ten Best Days of My Life
30. The Guernsey Literary & Potato Peel Pie Society
31. The Thirteen Problems
32. The Murder at the Vicarage
33. Once Upon a Day
tagboard
running in reverse
blasting into space
credits
amandine
- Tuesday, April 26, 2011 -
It's definitely one of the most beautifully written books I've read in a long time (although that's not saying much, since I haven't read very many books in a long time). The irony is that it wouldn't have been a book I would've normally picked up, but the fact that I know this lovely indie song by the same title kind of intrigued me - that, and the cover of the book was exceptionally attractive.
It reads like a memoir, and while there is a subtle overarching plot it really seems more like a cross section of the lives of richly portrayed characters. The language itself is extraordinary, eloquent, with a lyrical lilt. The most amazing thing is the way it creates a world that seems so real that long after I've put the book down, the characters still live on in my mind - the book becomes a platform for the reader's imagination, and that's the mark of truly great writing.
I really do love research section of Fisher Library at USyd =D It seems like a place created by my very own fairy godmother, with an ambience (floor to ceiling shelves stuffed full of books with sunlight streaming in from long narrow windows, the smell of yellowing paper and dust and coffee, and a silence broken only by the rustling of pages and muffled footsteps) that I never even realised I loved. It's kind of depressing that it took me a little more than a month to finally figure out the cataloguing system and find the fiction section... but now that I have, oh I can't wait for all the serenpiditous discoveries I shall make ^^
< 4:48:00 PM >
Reading List 2011