a child at heart
the one and only Elaine Ning Luo =D
23rd June 1992
Christian - striving to live life for God!
crazy, stubborn, weird
learning to find joy in every moment
music colours my life
the looking glass
a JOYFUL living sacrifice to magnify and glorify God
read, pray, praise :)
live life to according to His will!
inspiration
Reading List
1. The Chronicles of Narnia
2. Wicked
3. Eat, Pray, Love
4. Desiring God
5. Future Grace
6. Sermons of Jonathan Edwards
7. The Screwtape Letters
8. Mere Christianity
9. The Great Divorce
10. The Problem of Pain
11. The Naked Gospel
12. One Foot Wrong
13. Inside Out
14. Running With Scissors
15. Amandine
16. Mockingjay
17. The Cure for Modern Life
18. Little Book of Days
19. Finnikin of the Rock
20. Nothing in My Hand I Bring
21. White Tiger
. Red Phoenix
23. Blue Dragon
24. Earth to Hel
25. Hell to Heaven
26. Heaven to Wudang
27. A Step From Heaven
28. The Last Summer (of You and Me)
29. The Ten Best Days of My Life
30. The Guernsey Literary & Potato Peel Pie Society
31. The Thirteen Problems
32. The Murder at the Vicarage
33. Once Upon a Day
tagboard
running in reverse
blasting into space
credits
meeting up
- Monday, January 30, 2012 -
Meeting up with Ruse '10 ISCFers today really revealed the depth of truth of Hebrews 10:24-25.
Honestly I've done a pretty crappy job of sticking to my holiday commitments so far, and while it's easy to excuse myself with the plethora of activities I've been involved in, it still comes down to a lack of discipline. At at deeper level, I've also realised it's not just about saying I need (and trying) to be more disciplined, but rather to pray for God to continually work in transforming my heart so that I desire what He desires.
So far, I'm
1. Slightly behind in my bible reading plan but really praise God that I've been able to overcome many distractions and persevere and mainly keep on track, should still be able to finish NT before semester starts. And it's just been so, so, so great to read through it at a relatively fast pace because so many more connections between the chapters (and even books) are so much clearer, especially when it means a lot of the time I've been reading an epistle a day.
2. Only up to the 15th sermon in 60in60 (Which is
completely my fault. I can't believe the distractions I've found: reading, playing computer games, rewatching Bones, crocheting - which isn't actually too bad because I started listening to sermons while crocheting - and learning shorthand... of all things T_T)
3. One fifth of the way through Sproul's series (Again, distractions. But really hoping I can finish this before uni starts because even though I've only listened to two lectures so far what I've learnt has been mindblowing, in an extremely helpful way. Got to
love the doctrine of imputation!)
4. On track with getting my Ps! Hopefully I'll pass my test on the 15 Feb. XD
5. Haven't started reading Cross of Christ. Really should. Really want to. Except I keep getting distracted T_T (Started reading Holiness of God by Sproul because I got it for free on my Kindle while on holiday in NZ, so will probably finish that first since it's such a great read. Also on the backlog is Jesus + Nothing = Everything but then there's a million other books on the backlog. Like Prodigal God. Mere Christianity. The Living Church. Future Grace. God's Big Picture... the list goes on. Sigh.)
Wow, I'm rambling so much. But point is, I just feel so much more encouraged, energized and enthusiastic (more appropriate would be thirsty, but I like alliteration) about re-devoting myself to the study of God's Word and everything that it teaches us after meeting up today. So many good conversations, rebukes and challenges - indeed Christian brothers and sisters are an amazing gift and blessing :) Praying that it won't become another empty high that collapses but an inner conviction that will stand firm come trials and temptations.
< 5:56:00 PM >
Reading List 2011